Act Now Training is pleased to announce a series of free Information Governance briefings for the health sector.
The IG landscape has changed dramatically in a relatively short space of time. Healthcare professionals are facing new challenges in the form of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Data Security and Protection Toolkit.
In each free briefing, we will explain what these changes mean in practical terms and dispel some of the myths associated with the new legislation. Time has been allocated for questions, discussion and networking. Participants will leave with an action plan for compliance.
These briefings are ideal for Information Governance Leads in General Practices, pharmacies, Clinical Commissioning Groups, dentists, care homes and other healthcare providers.
The speakers are Ibrahim Hasan, a solicitor and director at Act Now Training, and Craig Walker, Data Protection Officer at St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust. Both are well-known experts in this field with many years of experience in training and advising the health sector. Other members of the Act Now team will also be on hand to answer participants’ questions over a complimentary lunch.
9.45am – Registration
10am – Start
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the health sector
- Data Protection Act 2018 – What does it mean for me?
- Data Security & Protection Toolkit – Overview and summary of key changes
- National Data Guardian (10 Data Security Standards) – What are they and why are they so important?
- Data Protection Impact Assessments – When and Why?
- Subject Access Requests – Looking at separating the facts from fiction – to charge or not to charge
- Data Breach Prevention – What can we do to minimise the likelihood of breaches occurring
- Cyber Security Basics – What to be on the lookout for
- The role of the Data Protection Officer – Do I need one and what is their role?
12.00pm – Open Forum and Lunch
There are limited places available on each briefing so please book early to avoid disappointment.
These briefings are part of a series of courses specially designed for the health sector. This includes our GDPR workshops and the Certificate in Information Governance.