In December, a nursing auxiliary was fined for accessing a patient’s medical records without a valid legal reason. In November a charity employee was prosecuted after he sent spreadsheets containing the information of vulnerable clients to his personal email address without the knowledge of his employer, the Rochdale Connections Trust.
Staff are often a key risk area when it comes to data protection compliance. GDPR will replace the DPA on 25th May 2018. Failure to comply with it could lead to fines of up to 20 million Euros or 4% of global annual turnover (which ever is higher).
All staff need to know about how the law will change and how personal data should be handled. But how do employers do this without staff leaving the office or overspending the training budget?
Enter the Act Now GDPR E Learning Course.This new online training course will give staff basic GDPR knowledge in 1 hour. The target audience is frontline staff, both in the public and private sector, and those who handle personal data on a day-to-day basis who need a basic knowledge of how to comply with GDPR in their role. This includes receptionists, clerical workers, school staff, call handlers, healthcare workers, bank staff etc. etc.
The course consists of two modules in which our data protection experts explain the key messages of GDPR in a simple and jargon free way including:
- The main GDPR obligations and the new Data Subject rights
- How to keep personal data safe and secure
Each module is accompanied by a multiple-choice quiz containing 10 randomly generated questions based on the contents of the module. The pass mark is 60% on each quiz. A certificate of successful completion is issued to each participant.
In producing these modules we have had regard to the Information Commissioner’s data protection training checklist.
With the costs from as little as £20 +vat per user for up to 25 users, the Act Now GDPR E Learning Course is the most cost effective GDPR training solution. We can also cater for larger numbers, please get in touch for a personalised quote.
To find out more see our website or Contact Us to arrange a free demo.
- Our 2018 course programme contains many more GDPR courses including workshops and live webinars.
- Our GDPR Practitioner Certificate is proving very popular with those who need to get up to speed with GDPR as well as budding Data Protection Officers. Read about the last set of results. Two out of the next Five courses in 2018 are fully booked.
- If you require tailored GDPR training delivered at your premises, please get in touch.
- We have sold over 400 copies of our GDPR handbook. We are donating £1 from each sale the DEC Rohingya Crisis Appeal.
Download our e-learning flyer here
3 thoughts on “Act Now Launches New GDPR E-Learning Course”