Act Now is pleased to announce the launch of its new Isle of Man GDPR Practitioner Certificate course.
This new course is specially designed for Data Protection Officers and privacy practitioners, based in the Isle of Man and internationally, whose role involves advising on the GDPR as applies to the Isle of Man(the Applied GDPR) and associated privacy legislation. The content of the course has been developed after analysing all the knowledge, practical skills and competencies required for the DPO to successfully navigate the IoM data protection landscape.
This course builds on Act Now’s very popular UK GDPR Practitioner certificate course which has been attended by hundreds of DPOs throughout the UK and abroad since its launch in 2017. Our teaching style is based on practical and engaging workshops covering theory alongside hands-on application using case studies that equip delegates with knowledge and skills that can be used immediately. Personal tutor support throughout the course will ensure the best opportunity for success. Delegates will also receive a comprehensive set of course materials, including our very popular Isle of Man GDPR Handbook (RRP £54.95),as well as access to our online Resource Lab, which includes over 20 hours of videos on key aspects of the syllabus.
The Isle of Man GDPR Practitioner Certificate course takes place over four days (one day per week) and involves workshops, case studies and exercises. Delegates are then required to complete a practical project (in their own time) to achieve the certificate. Whether delivered online or in the classroom, delegates will receive all the fantastic features of the course specifically tailored for each learning environment.
The Isle of Man GDPR Practitioner Certificate course builds on Act Now’s track record for delivering innovative and high quality practical training for information governance professionals:
- In December 2012 we were the first company in the UK to launch a dedicated Freedom of Information qualification for the Scottish public sector.
- In April 2014 we launched the highly successful Data Protection Practitioner Certificate, the first course to teach essential knowledge and practical DPO skills.
- In May 2016 we launched the Foundation Certificate in Information Governance. This was the first fully online certificated course covering data protection, information security, freedom of information and records management.
- In December 2016 we launched the GDPR Practitioner Certificate, now one of the UK’s leading DPO qualifications.
- In December 2018, we launched the FOI Practitioner Certificate, the first such course to use modern assessment methods rather than rote learning.
- In April 2020, at the start of the Pandemic, we launched our new online GDPR Practitioner Certificateto enable DPOs working from home to gain a qualification.
- In November 2020, we launched of the Advanced Certificate in GDPR Practice which is the first advanced qualification specifically designed for DPOs.
- In November 2021 we won the Information and Records Management Society (IRMS) Supplier of the year award for 2021.
The course director for the Isle of Man GDPR Practitioner Certificate course, Ibrahim Hasan, says:
“With its emphasis on practical skills we are confident that this course will become the qualification of choice for current and future IoM Data Protection Officers. We have looked at every aspect of this course to ensure it equips Isle of Man Data Protection Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to implement the Applied GDPR in a practical way.”